I’m very happy to announce that I’ve just released my latest knitting pattern! It’s a unisex mitten pattern in four sizes and two color palettes, and it’s called Sprigs and Berries.
You can buy it and read more about it on Ravelry (you don’t have to be a member!).
I actually did a lot of the work for this pattern over a year ago, and only recently brushed it off to iron out some details and finish everything up. Which was still a lot of work. So this is one of the reasons I haven’t had as much to share lately, because I’ve been diligently working on this pattern release!
Springs and Berries features two of my favorite things: stranded motifs and stripes. Why not have both at the same time? I must admit I’m pretty taken with how the two play off one another in this design, especially in the glorious tweedy shades of Brooklyn Tweed Loft. It’s a feathery light woolen-spun yarn that’s spun in New Hampshire. Isn’t that yarn gorgeous?
Brooklyn Tweed Loft knits up light as air but warm, so these are perfect mittens as Spring approaches!
The ten-page knitting pattern includes:
- 4 sizes: XS, S, M, L
- Two separate color palettes
- Each size has its own set of unique charts for the colorwork bands (there’s also a separate left/right-hand Sprigs Chart to center the design nicely)
- Tips on customizing your mittens (knitting a tighter ribbed cuff, using a heavier weight yarn, where to make minor changes if your row gauge is off—especially important if you substitute yarns, as Loft has quite a tight row gauge knit up like this)
- All the charts for a given size are on their own page. If you’re printing the pattern, for the charts, you only need to print the appropriate chart page for your size.
1 skein of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (275yd / 251m per 50g skein) in each of the following four colors:
- Color palette one: Faded Quilt, Long Johns, Fossil, Button Jar
- Color palette two: Barn Owl, Pumpernickel, Snowbound, Button Jar
Mittens shown in color palette one are Size S. Mittens shown in color palette two are Size M.
- Size XS, S, M: 30 sts / 48 rnds = 4” / 10cm in st st in the round using 2.5mm (US 1.5) needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size L: 28 sts / 44 rnds = 4” / 10cm in st st in the round using 2.75mm (US 2) needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size XS, S, M: 2.25mm (US 1) needles for ribbing, 2.5mm (US 1.5) needles
- Size L: 2.5mm (US 1.5) needles for ribbing, 2.75mm (US 2) needles
XS (S, M, L) Circumference around mitten at knuckles: 6.5” / 16.5cm (7.2” / 18.3cm, 8” / 20.3cm, 9” / 22.9cm). Pick a size that’s slightly larger than the circumference of your hand across the knuckles for the best fit.
How to buy the pattern and find out more
- Buy Sprigs and Berries on Ravelry directly
- Visit the pattern page on Ravelry for more info
- EU friends: buy the pattern on Etsy
Note about EU and Etsy: From Ravelry, EU buyers will be directed to a separate link to buy the pattern on Etsy since they’ve agreed to handle VAT tax (I’m sure you’ve heard of this mess… this will likely only be my temporary setup until Ravelry can handle VAT, which they’ve said will be later this spring/early summer).
For the first 48 hours, Sprigs and Berries will be 20% off for everyone, no coupon code needed on Ravelry!
For EU buyers directed to purchase on Etsy, use the coupon code SPRIGSRELEASE20 for 20% off all three patterns on Etsy. Frankly doing the Etsy setup made this all a lot more complicated than before, so please bear with me if there are any bumps along the way! 🙂
If you can’t tell, I’m really quite excited to release this design out into the world. Happy knitting!